What is UltraCog™?
UltraCog™ contains Phosphatidylserine, a naturally occurring phospholipid that is important for the maintenance and health of the cell membrane and elicits important cell signaling that promotes healthy brain function. More importantly, phosphatidylserine has been shown to play an important role in bolstering our cognitive health within the membrane of neurons. The consumption of phosphatidylserine reduces the risk of age-related cognitive decline. Some of this amphipathic molecule is created endogenously by our own bodies, but a vital source of phosphatidylserine comes from our diet. With age-associated cognitive decline becoming an increasing concern, it is more important than ever to maintain healthy levels of phosphatidylserine to reinforce proper neurological function.*
About UltraCog™ Phosphatidylserine
Vesta’s UltraCog™ Phosphatidylserine is made from all natural, nonGMO sources and is highly bioavailable. Here at Vesta Ingredients Inc., we are committed to innovative products at competitive prices, and we hold all of our ingredients to a high standard. UltraCog™ is made with advanced, proprietary technology to deliver the most bioactive phosphatidylserine for cognitive improvement and mental health. Additionally, UltraCog™ is offered in two custom strengths (PS-20 and PS-50). UltraCog™ is a potent active ingredient that functions to:
- Increase cognitive activity
- Reduce feelings of distress and improve overall mood
- Slow down age-associated decline of mental function
Phosphatidylserine is essential for intercellular communication. A voluminous amount of in vitro studies utilizing primary human neurons has shown that phosphatidylserine is absolutely vital for proper neuronal function. Phosphatidylserine is known to be vital in the vesicular release of neurotransmitters from presynaptic terminals, transduction of neuron-to-neuron signaling, preserving Na+/K+ balance, and regulate neuronal growth homeostasis. These essential neuronal functions eventually decline with age, and their proper maintenance is required in order to maintain proper neurological health and cognition.
Several preclinical and clinical studies have shown that the dietary supplementation of phosphatidylserine has both a neuroprotective and a neuroenhancing effect:
In a preclinical model, aged rats were fed various forms of phosphatidylserine. The researchers observed a significant improvement in three different, independent cognitive tests. Ultimately the authors of the study conclude that there was an increase in psychomotor capacity and overall cognitive improvement.
Environmental factors and lifestyle choices can cause damage to our brain, and with time, they cumulatively lead to aging of the brain. Consumption of phosphatidylserine may reduce the risk of age-related cognitive decline that comes with age.* A study was conducted in which scientists took brain sections and incubated them with phosphatidylserine. The sheer act of exposing the brain to more phosphatidylserine lead to an increased activity of neurons. In addition, two clinical studies have shown that phosphatidylserine can improve cognitive function in patients with age-related cognitive decline. Collectively, the large amount of amassed data shows that phosphatidylserine is vital to proper cognitive health.
*Very limited and preliminary scientific research suggests that phosphatidylserine may reduce the risk of cognitive dysfunction in the elderly. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim.
- Chemical Name: Phosphatidylserine
- Recommended daily intake: 20-300 mg
- Pack size: 1 kg (custom packaging available)
- Strengths Offered: PS-20, PS-50
- Molecular formula: C42H82NO10P
- Molecular weight: 792.08 g/mol
- CAS number: 51446-62-9
- Purity: 20% and 50% granulated/non-granulated available
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. This information on this website is provided for developmental purposes only. This is not a specification, a guarantee of composition, or certificate of analysis. The information contained herein is correct to the best of our knowledge. Recommendations and suggestions contained on this website are made without guarantee or representation as to results. We suggest you evaluate these recommendations prior to use. Our responsibility for claims arising from breach of warranty, negligence, or otherwise is limited to the purchase price of the material.