What is Alpha-GPC?
Alpha-GPC is the most bioavailable of the naturally occurring choline compounds, thus has been shown to be effective in supporting cognitive function and neurological, corporeal health in both pre-clinical and clinical studies. Alpha-GPC (L-Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine) is a naturally occurring molecule that resides within the brain. This vital nutrient, closely related to the B-vitamin family, specifically resides within the cell membrane neurons. Alpha-GPC belongs to a class of choline donors and acts as the precursor to the important neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which is involved in memory maintenance and cognitive health. Alpha-GPC is the most bioavailable of the naturally occurring choline compounds, thus has been shown to be effective in supporting cognitive function and neurological, corporeal health in both pre-clinical and clinical studies.
Benefits of Alpha-GPC
Not only has this effective brain-boosting molecule been shown to improve neurological function relatively shortly after administration, but it also has long-term benefits to:
- Improve transmission of signals between neurons
- Promote recovery and have neuroprotective effects in cases of ischemia
- Enhance memory and mental clarity
Increased Acetylcholine Production
Alpha-GPC has been heavily supported through research to have an association with increased acetylcholine production in the brain. Acetylcholine is a vital neurotransmitter that is vital for the formation and maintenance of memories and overall healthy brain function. Not only does it involve both short and long term memory, but alpha-GPC has also been linked to increasing oxygenation of the brain through increased blood flow to improve acuity and the ability to concentrate and focus.
- Chemical Name: L-Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine (alpha-GPC)
- IUPAC: [(25)-2,3-Dihydroxypropyl] 2-trimethylazaniumylethyl phosphate
- Recommended daily intake: 300-1,200 mg
- Pack size: 1 kg (custom packaging available)
- Molecular formula: C8H20NO6P
- Molar weight: 257.221 g/mol
- CAS number: 28319-77-9
- Purity: >99%
- Purity: 50% granulated for direct compression
- Storage: Material is highly hygroscopic. Make sure that container remains sealed when material not in use. Store in cool, dry place.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. This information on this website is provided for developmental purposes only. This is not a specification, a guarantee of composition, or certificate of analysis. The information contained herein is correct to the best of our knowledge. Recommendations and suggestions contained on this website are made without guarantee or representation as to results. We suggest you evaluate these recommendations prior to use. Our responsibility for claims arising from breach of warranty, negligence, or otherwise is limited to the purchase price of the material.